In this episode I interview John McAfee! John is a legendary computer programmer and businessman, one of the biggest cyber security experts of our time. He founded the software company McAfee Associates in 1987, which created “McAfee”, the first commercial antivirus software. The business now produces a range of enterprise security software, and has become world-famous. John has a big following on Social Media, as he is a political activist, running for president in the 2020 elections with his own campaign, promoting blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
We talk about this in particular, and more, in this short but very colorful and valuable, unique interview, full of wise words and advice for the young entrepreneurs out there. Enjoy!
– 01:25 – A quick run of John McAfee’s life, through the technological industry and it’s revolutions
– 03:00 – Why was Microsoft and Bill Gates were so successful, according to John
– 06:45 – Advice for those out there who are trying to build companies in the crypto space
– 07:35 – Talking about the world’s first computer virus, from year 1987
– 12:15 – Fast forwarding to bitcoin and blockchain technologies, and how John heard about those
– 14:30 – Why this technology is so powerful
– 18:00 – Talking about timeless, world changing tech opportunities
– 20:45 – How to mobilize people to understand the problems in front of them
– 24:00 – Other opportunities to utilize blockchain technologies, like government voting
– 27:05 – John’s advice to kinds, and young listeners out there
Find John on Twitter by clicking here.